Book This Course
Become a qualified snowboard instructor
If you have ever thought about becoming a snowboard instructor or wondered how to gain the certifications needed for a snowboard instructor job, Snow Trainers deliver everything you need. Spend 10 weeks in Queenstown, New Zealand (the adventure capital of the world) snowboarding and training for internationally recognised qualifications.
An amazing winter experience
Your riding will improve more than you ever thought possible, all while having an amazing time and making life-long friends! Snow Trainers wants to make sure while you are snowboarding in Queenstown, New Zealand you have a fun, rewarding and memorable experience on our courses so we organise loads of social activities throughout the course.
New Zealand’s best snowboard trainers
Snow Trainers coaches are Snowboard Trainers and Examiners for the SBINZ. Our trainers are the best in the industry and it’s their passion to teach snowboarding in Queenstown, New Zealand. Our experienced trainers have first-hand experience of what is essential in the real world of snowboard instructing as well as what is needed to pass the exams.
Internationally recognised snowboard qualifications
The Snow Trainers 10 Week Snowboard Instructor course prepares you for the internationally recognised New Zealand Level One and Level Two certifications. You could be qualified for a professional snowboard instructor’s job in no time!
Great employment opportunities
As part of our training we provide information and advice to help our students “live the dream” once the course has finished. We have a great network of connections all around the world to help you begin instructing at a fantastic resort the following winter. We will assist you with advice and guide you through the employment application process to help you succeed in finding the job you want. In the meantime, check out our links page to see some of the awesome winter jobs available right now!
- Professional Snowboard Training Training 3 days a week (for 10 weeks, including 2 exams) at Coronet Peak and The Remarkables ski areas by qualified SBINZ trainers and examiners. When training you will also have snowboard school lift-line privileges which means more time riding and less time waiting!
- Video Analysis Sessions Video sessions to develop your own riding and work on the necessary analytical skills for your exam.
- Accommodation 10 weeks accommodation in central Queenstown, on a shared room basis with communal lounge and kitchen facilities and within walking distance of local, shops, restaurants and Queenstown’s famous nightlife.
- Transport Transport to both ski areas every day of the week so you can ride, ride, ride! And unlike other courses, you don’t have to catch the bus at 8am on your days off! Our transport is flexible so you can go up at lunch time if you want a sleep in before riding. Transport starts from the first day of training all the way through until the last day of your exams.
- SBINZ Membership, Exam Fees and Technical Manual Exams included are the New Zealand Level One and Level Two certifications.
- Heliboard Trip We fly with the best guides so you can ride the best terrain, an experience not to be missed.
- Season Lift Pass Seasons pass for Coronet Peak and The Remarkables ski areas.
- Freestyle Training Sessions focusing on developing your freestyle skills.
- Equipment, clothing and workshop discounts From Torpedo7, the best ski and snowboard shop in town!
- Snow Trainers Team Hoody
- Employment Assistance and Advice
- Airport Transfer on Arrival Queenstown Airport to your accommodation.
- Tuning and Equipment Clinic
- SBINZ Children’s Teaching Certification
- SBINZ Freestyle Accreditation
- Backcountry Course
- First Aid Course
- Bungy Jump
- Sky Diving