Train to become a qualified snowboard instructor
Snow Trainers can provide everything you need to train in Colorado to be a snowboard instructor. Spend 12 weeks in Colorado, USA and train for internationally recognized qualifications while riding Colorado’s famous deep dry powder.
An amazing winter experience
Snow Trainers wants to make sure you have a fun, rewarding and memorable experience while training on our courses which is why we chose Copper Mountain for our USA course. With an average snowfall of 282 in / 710 cm, 22 lifts and 2,450 acres/985 hectares of terrain to play on you are sure to have a memorable time. Plus, we have also included a day of Snow-cat riding so you can hit the back-country and have the slopes to yourself! Snow Trainers students will also have access to the Copper Mountain employee cafe to buy discounted lunches, which will save you money and make you feel like part of the Copper Mountain team. You will have the option of an add-on pass at Woodward, a indoor freestyle training facility located near the resort. If you purchase the add-on pass you can practice your moves to be a Colorado snowboard instructor on a trampoline and into the foam pit before you take it to the park. Back on the mountain we have air-bag jumps in the park so you can make sure you have everything perfected before you take it to a real snow landing.
USA’s best snowboard trainers
Snow Trainers coaches are Trainers and Examiners for the AASI-RM. We want our students to be trained by the actual coaches who run the certifications and set the standards to pass. Your trainers know what’s required in the real world because they have many years of experience of instructing and training students. The trainers are employed by Copper Ski and Ride School. Another advantage of training with Copper instructors is that you get VIP treatment at the lifts! Our head Colorado snowboard instructor is also one of our owners – Tony Macri. Tony is the chief snowboard examiner for the AASI in the Rocky Mountains, and he is the guy who sets the standards for all instructors qualified in Colorado, Arizona, and New Mexico.
Internationally recognized snowboard instructor qualifications
The Snow Trainers 12 Week Ski Instructor course prepares you for the internationally recognized AASI-RM Level 1 and Level 2 snowboard instructor certifications, as well as the Children’s Specialist 1 certification. You’ll be way ahead of the rest and ready for a professional snowboard instructor’s job in no time!
Great employment opportunities
As part of the package we provide information and advice to help you find your dream job once the course has finished. We have a great network of connections all around the world to help you begin your career at a fantastic resort. We will guide you through the employment application process to help you succeed in obtaining the job offer. You can find a list of available winter jobs on our links page.
- Professional Snowboard Training 48 days of training (includes the Level 1 and 2 exams and Level 2 prep course) by qualified AASI-RM trainers and examiners. Head trainer is Tony Macri, owner of Snow Trainers and chief examiner for all of Colorado!
- Ski Lift-Line Priority When training you will also have snowboard school lift-line privileges which means more time riding and less time waiting. Another one of the major bonuses of training with Snow Trainers!
- Access to employee cafeteria Cheap 3 course lunches plus a drink!!
- Video Analysis and Evening Sessions Video sessions to develop your own riding and work on the necessary analytical skills for your exam.
- Accommodation 12 weeks of accommodation in Frisco (between Copper and Breckenridge). Your accommodation is fully furnished and within walking distance to multiple restaurants, bars, and shops.
- Transport Free local bus to and from the mountain and around town.
- AASI-RM Membership, Exam Fees and Technical Manual Exams included are the AASI-RM Level 1 and Level 2 certifications, plus the Level 2 prep course and Children’s Specialist 1 certification.
- Season Lift Pass Season pass for Copper Mountain and associated mountains.
- Freestyle Training Sessions focusing on developing your freestyle skills in the park and pipe. This is run by a freestyle specialist who is a freestyle examiner for the AASI Freestyle Accreditation.
- Snow-cat trip in the Steamboat Springs back-country
- Snow Trainers Team Apparel
- Employment Assistance and Advice
- Airport Transfer on arrival Denver Airport to your accommodation.
- Tuning and Equipment Clinic
- Woodward pass (indoor freestyle training facility)
- Vail Resorts pass (Vail, Breckenridge, Keystone, Beaver Creek)