Book This Course
rain to become a qualified snowboard instructor
Snow Trainers can provide you with everything you will need to become a snowboard instructor in the USA. You will spend 8 weeks in Colorado, USA and train for internationally recognized qualifications while riding Colorado’s famous deep dry powder.
An amazing winter experience
Snow Trainers wants to ensure you have a fun, rewarding, and unforgettable experience on our course which is why we chose Copper Mountain. With an average snowfall of 282 in / 710 cm, 22 lifts and 2,450 acres/985 hectares of terrain to play on you are sure to have a great time learning how to become a snowboard instructor in the USA. Snow Trainers’ students also have access to the employee cafeteria to buy discounted lunches, saving you even more money and making you really feel like part of the team at Copper. Plus we have also included an unforgettable day of Snow-cat riding so you can hit the back-country and have the mountains to yourself! Close to Copper is the one-of-a-kind indoor freestyle training facility – Woodward. We give you the option to buy an add-on pass so you can practice your snowboarding techniques on a trampoline and in the foam pit before you take it to the park. Back on the mountain you will find air-bag jumps in the park so you can make sure you have mastered everything before you take it to a real landing. This will give you an advantage as a snowboard instructor in the USA.
USA’s best snowboard trainers
Snow Trainers coaches are Trainers and Examiners for the AASI-RM. We choose the best for our students to be trained by. These are the actual coaches in charge of the certifications for the snowboarding exams. With their many years of experience of training and being employees of Copper Ski & Ride School they know what you need to pass the exams and what’s required in the real world of instructing. Another bonus of training at Copper, is that you get preferential treatment at the lift – no long queues for you! Tony Macri, one of our owners, is the head snowboard coach! Tony is the Chief Snowboard Examiner for the A.A.S.I. in the Rocky Mountains, and he set the standards for all snowboard instructors in the USA qualified in Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico.
Internationally recognized snowboard instructor qualifications
The Snow Trainers 8 Week Snowboard Instructor course prepares you for the internationally recognized AASI-RM Level 1 and Level 2 snowboard instructor certifications, as well as the Children’s Specialist 1 certification. You’ll be ahead of the rest and ready for a professional snowboard instructor’s job in no time!
Great employment opportunities
As part of our training we provide guidance to help you find your dream job once the course has finished. We have a great network of worldwide connections to help you begin an instructing career at a fantastic resort. We will assist you beginning with the employment application process to help you succeed in finding the job you want. Check out our links page to see some of the awesome winter jobs available right now!
- Professional Snowboard Training 32 days of training (includes the Level 1 exam and the Level 2 Prep course) by qualified AASI-RM trainers and examiners. Head trainer is Tony Macri, owner of Snow Trainers and chief examiner for all of Colorado!
- Ski Lift-Line Priority When training you will also have snowboard school lift-line privileges which means more time riding and less time waiting. Another one of the major bonuses of training with Snow Trainers!
- Access to employee cafeteria Cheap 3 course lunches plus a drink!!
- Video Analysis and Evening Sessions Video sessions to develop your own riding and work on the necessary analytical skills for your exam.
- Accommodation 8 weeks of accommodation in Frisco (between Copper and Breckenridge). Your accommodation is fully furnished and within walking distance to multiple restaurants, bars, and shops.
- Transport Free local bus to and from the mountain and around town.
- AASI-RM Membership, Exam Fees and Technical Manual Exams included are the AASI-RM Level 1 certification and the Level 2 prep course, plus the Children’s Specialist 1 certification.
- Season Lift Pass Season pass for Copper Mountain and associated mountains.
- Freestyle Training Sessions focusing on developing your freestyle skills in the park and pipe. This is run by a freestyle specialist who is a freestyle examiner for the AASI Freestyle Accreditation.
- Snow Trainers Team Apparel
- Employment Assistance and Advice
- Airport Transfer on arrival Denver Airport to your accommodation.
- Tuning and Equipment Clinic